Today, we’re gonna rap a little bit about monetization. Why? Well, because. Duh.
How Can I Make Money With My Email List?
This question comes up over and over and over again. And it may just be the most important question of all. I mean really. You’ve got a highly valuable freebie product to give away. Your squeeze page is ready for business and converting to the moon. You’ve got your autoresponder (and possibly your blog) loaded up with some great content. And now you’re driving traffic through your sales funnel.
BUT HOW THE HELL DO YOU ACTUALLY TURN THIS INTO DOLLARS?
Listen, this is a wonderfully legitimate question. After all, what’s the point in doing ANY of this if we’re not putting cash in the bank? The answer is that there wouldn’t be much of a point, at all. Sure, we can feel good about helping others get ahead… but if WE aren’t getting ahead, then we’re just lying to our subscribers anyway, right? And that’s not doing anyone any favors.
So let’s dig right in and scoop up a giant dish of possibility here.
There are actually five ways I’m aware of in which to monetize an email marketing campaign, especially with a blog. Some of these ways require more effort than others. Some produce better results (i.e. they’re more profitable) than others. But they all make money. And there is absolutely no reason why you can’t have all five of them earning for you simultaneously. Let’s take a look…
How Can I Make Money With My List? 5 Ways:
- Direct link to offers – This is far and away the fastest and easiest way to make money with your list. Essentially, you just go to the Warrior Forum, Clickbank, JVZoo, Clicksure, SimpleOneClick, or any other affiliate program you’re associated with and grab an affiliate link for an offer (hopefully useful and relevant for your subscribers) you’d like to promote. Create an email (either autoresponder or broadcast) and include your affiliate link in the email. Easy, breezy, beautiful, and effective.
You’ll piss some people off using this strategy, and you’ll get your fair share of unsubscribes. But it works. It really does. And you can sincerely make a shitload of money doing only this. Just make sure you’re putting more people on your list than you’re scaring off of it! 😉 This monetization strategy alone has made many, many people very, very rich!
- Create your own products – What’s cool about this is that you control everything. From the amount of money you charge (and earn) to the content of the product, all the way to the additional monetization options (affiliate links, additional products list, etc) you have within each product… you’re the master of your own world, here. As such, you can establish your brand and communicate with your subscribers as a trusted advisor, as opposed to a sales consultant… big difference!
- Adsense and other contextual advertising – You can really use the traffic you generate to your sales funnel as a way to earn clicks to your “paid to click” links like Google Adsense, Yahoo Partner Network, Contera, etc. In this case, all you’ll need to do is provide great content (as teasers) via email, direct your email traffic to your (highly useful) blog posts, and monetize said posts with well-placed “paid to click” ads.
- Selling advertising – This is exclusively a blogger’s privilege, as is the whole Adsense and contextual advertising thing. For this reason, I can’t recommend becoming a professional blogger enough. When your blog starts generating thousands, tens of thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of unique visitors per month, you can charge premium prices to other marketers for using your popularity to their advantage.This strategy alone has created 5- and even 6-figure earning online entrepreneurs.
- Sell solo ads – Maybe I shouldn’t have saved this for last. For some folks, this monetization method is KING. In fact, many of these people look at the previous four monetization methods I’ve mentioned as a waste of time, by way of comparison.
Listen, when you have a healthy-sized list, you can really simplify your life. Just send an email to your subscribers promoting someone else’s squeeze page or paid offer, and get paid handsomely for doing so.
You can literally dub yourself as an exclusive “solo ad provider” and literally earn tens of thousands of dollars per month. And you can do this without ever creating your own product, promoting an affiliate offer, or copying and pasting a single code of text.
Many have called this the best way in the world to make a living online. There’s no doubt it’s the easiest. I’ve actually considered doing this myself, but I’m caught up in the whole “branding and product promotion” model, which I love dearly. I’m all about helping others. But you know what? Selling solo ads definitely HELPS OTHERS.
Not only that, but this is genuinely easy money. There’s no convincing whatsoever. Other list owners who are trying to build their lists are desperate for solo ad traffic. If you can sell them 250 clicks (always aim to overdeliver) to their squeeze page (or paid offer page) for just 85 bucks, then everybody wins. And believe me, they WILL buy!
You get $85 (and if you sell one solo ad a day – very easy to do), you’ll be making almost $600 per week just by sending an email a day to your list… and you don’t even have to actually write the email, if you don’t want to! You can let your client write it for you.
And if you’re able to deliver 500 clicks a day, then you can take on bigger (or multiple) clients every day, earning you twice the profit… $1200 per week in this case. And there are actually solo ad providers out there earning upwards of $30,000 per month, each and every month! And they’re not stressing in order to do it!
If this is where you want to be, then it’s definitely something worth considering.
Does it take hard work?
Is it worth it?
Please leave your comment below. I can’t wait to hear from you!